Couldn’t make it out to our Spring Metamorphosis Benefit at Four Moon Tavern? Feast your eyes on our horror trivia contest, WILDCLAW’S THEATRE’S FINAL EXAM!!! We’ll post the answers on Monday:
1) What was the nickname Spielberg gave the shark in JAWS?
2) Which of the following actors played Dracula, Frankenstein’s Monster, the Wolf Man AND the Mummy in Universal’s Black-&-White horror films?
A) Bela Lugosi
B) Boris Karloff
C) Lon Chaney, Jr.
D) Claude Rains
3) Who was the most portrayed character in horror film history?
A) The Mummy
C) The Wolf Man
D) Frankenstein’s Monster
4) What is the real name of Elvira, Mistress of the Dark?
A) Cassandra Peterson
B) Maila Nurmi
C) Yvonne de Carlo
D) Madonna Ciccone
5) How many “Nightmare on Elm Street” films were made (not including Freddy vs Jason and whatever wretched mess that new Michael Bay one was trying to be?
6) What was WildClaw Theatre’s inaugural production?
A) The Great God Pan by Arthur Machen
B) Legion by William Peter Blatty
C) The Revenants by Scott T. Barsotti
D) Hell Comes to Frogtown, by Donald G Jackson & Randall Frakes
7) What was the first and only film to win the Oscar for Best Picture?
A) The Exorcist
B) The Silence of the Lambs
C) Rosemary’s Baby
D) The Shining
8) Complete this rhyme, “He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists—“
A) We eat French toast
B) We thank our hosts
C) It hurts me most
D) He sees the ghosts
9) Which TWO actors have the honor of being the only two actors killed on screen by an Alien, a Predator and a Terminator?
A) Michael Bien
B) Lance Henriksen
C) Linda Hamilton
D) Bill Paxton
10) Match the giant creature to its movie:
1) Deep Blue Sea
2) Mysterious Island
3) Eight Legged Freaks
D) Hyper-intelligent sharks
4) Lake Placid
11) Which of the following films are NOT part of John Carpenter’s Apocalypse Trilogy?
A) In the Mouth of Madness
B) Big Trouble in Little China
C) The Thing
D) Prince of Darkness
12) When Edgar Allen Poe’s wife and cousin Virginia was suffering from tuberculosis, she started bleeding from the mouth during a vocal performance for the family, inspiring what classic Poe story?
A) Murders In Rue Morgue
B) Fall of the House of Usher
C) Mask of the Red Death
D) The Raven
13) Match the sailing vessel to its movie:
2) Event Horizon
C) Lewis and Clark
4) The Creature Wasn’t Nice
14) Though Clive Barker’s working title was Sadomasochists from Beyond the Grave and thankfully changed to Hellraiser, what was the name of the Clive Barker short story that it is based on?
A) The Book of Blood
B) The Hellbound Heart
D) The Midnight Meat Train
15) Which of the following novels was NOT written by Richard Bachman?
B) The Running Man
C) Maximum Overdrive
16) Which of the following films does NOT feature the song Don’t Fear The Reaper?
A) Stephen King’s The Stand
B) Rob Zombie’s Halloween (2007)
D) The Funhouse
17) What 90’s band wrote and performed the theme song to the BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER television series?
A) Foo Fighter
B) Matchbox 20
C) Nerf Herder
D) The Proclaimers
18) Actress Ellen Burstyn has been nominated for five Academy Awards, including Best Lead Actress in The Exorcist. Name the movie for which she won:_______________________
19) Stephen King suffers from triskaidekaphobia. What the hellfire is that?
A fear of : _______________________________________
Special thanks to everyone that came out to support WildClaw Theatre at Four Moon Tavern on Sunday, and to guest Quizmaster Joseph Zettelmaier!